Sunday, January 23, 2011

Untitled

"I am not skiled to understand what God has willed, what God has planned. I only know that at His right hand stands one who is my savior" (Song: My Savior My God)

These simple, yet powerful words took on a new meaning for me tonigt. As I watched my little sisters (in Christ Jesus) dance for the Lord, God opened the eyes of my heart. What power He has to use every skill we posses; after all He blessed us with whatever it is we share with the world ( or don't share).

All this brought me to wonder on a few things. The first being my New Years dedication to God to be thankful and content with each day, which I am holding true to (and am a happier person for). However, God, being the big God He is spoke to my heart not only through the dance of my sisters tonight but also through the words of a great friend and mentor who advised me to "take it all in," so to speak, and stop trying to figure God out along the way. His words of wisdom were much needed. As long as I am prayerful about all I do it does not matter if I know why God led me down this road or that road, it is my job and desire to follow my Lord anywhere and everywhere He leads me.

And so I want to engourage all my friends as a friend encouraged me. Follow the Lord, don't question or try to understand why. Whole heartedly follow Him and just watch what He unfolds. It may not be for 5, 10, 50 years, or ever we understand why God does what He does. His plan is too great, big, and powerful for me to understand and I love it that way!

My simple thanks to God today is for dance, music, and great friends who He gives us for encouragment just when we need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment