Monday, January 24, 2011

Lost


I am feeling a little lost. Only a week after a great confrence where God filled me I am struggling with ministry and my place in it. I know God uses each of us where we are but I am I being used or am I just doing my own thing? I want to do God's will. I desire for Him to work through me. But am I letting Him? I sure hope and pray I am.
Tonight I spent a lot of time thinking on, praying about, and writing the devos for tomorows youth group Bible study. While I spent this time thinking and praying and hoping to get through to these girls I couldn't help but feel helpless. Helpless. Lost. Confused.
I know God has a plan. He has a plan for me at CrossRoads. He has a plan for the girls I spend time with studying the Bible. But, as usual, I can not see any of it. Not that I need to know what God is doing or what He has planned - I trust Him. My problem is I don't know if the girls who I care about what any of it. I want the to know God. I want them to feel loved by God and me. Am I loving them enough?
This week I am going to share with them Colossians 3:2, "Set your minds on wht is above, not on what is of the Earth." and Matthew 18:20, "For where two or three are gathered in My name, I am there among them."
I pray God uses His word to get through to these girls. I pray He uses me, and gives me the words to speak to each individual girl in that room tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment